Monday, August 27, 2012

Houndstooth: Back to School/ Work Look.

 
 
 
Before I went on vacation, I started a little fall shopping online. I came home to a few great packages, however I wasn't thrilled with all of my items. I guess that is the gamble of online shopping right?

This top is super cute and great for fall/winter. You can dress it up or down play it with jeans and some flats. It's light weight and was only $13! I absolutely love the color of these shorts and to be honest, I never tried high-waisted anything before. Well although the color is great, the cut is entirely off for my body frame and size. The high-waist made my already short legs look even shorter. I originally liked the tie in front as well, but once on it made my mid section look puffy and completely unflattering. This material gets wrinkled very easily and I hate that, I hate looking sloppy.

I am going to look for a pencil skirt in this color or maybe some coords and swap put the shorts. Overall, I like the entire outfit.

This is a perfect look for back to school or back to work. If you are not in need of the height, I would opt for some bright colored loafers to offset the busy top.







 
 
WHAT I'M WEARING
Top: Forever 21
Shorts: Forever 21
Purse: TJ Max
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
Necklace: Forever 21
Ring: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment